Wednesday, 12 March 2008

New Beginnings...

So I have decided to start blogging again.. to be honest I don't think I ever really started this one properly. I had a livejournal for many years but felt like too many people from the "real world" were being nosey an I just couldn't be bothered with the drama that went along with the community over there. Before livejournal I had my own personal website an as much as i'd like my own domain again I feel like there isn't really much point to it anymore. The age of social networking sites have somewhat eliminated the need of having one I guess.

I don't think I want to start airing my dirty laundry or anything like that, nothing overly personal.. I just want a place to write about things I love, stuff I find online and maybe the odd random rant here and there ;)

Now that i've done the obligatory introduction post, now what? well..

Today I received some pretty cool things in the mail. Receiving international parcels has become a bit of a habit recently.. I have been WAY overspending on ebay, its shocking. I am totally addicted to buying anything cute, vintage and japanese. At the moment i've been on a bit of an easter kick which is a bit silly as its prime easter shopping time so all the prices and bidders are are up, I should really wait until after April but I just can't resist some of the sweet things i've been seeing!







Easter Pose Bunny Vintage Bunny Knee Hugger


Now speaking of Ebay.. I am so pissed about all the changes that are going on. First it was the fee increase and announcement that sellers (as of May) will no longer be able to place engative feedback on buyers.. and now they have scrambled all user id's so its a pain in the butt trying to figure out (if at all) who you are bidding against. There are some positives to this such as people in certain circles who all bid for the same sort of items will no longer feel guilty for outbidding "friends" but I feel the negatives outweigh this. The most aggravating thing for me is scrambled ID = no search by bidder! I will admit to loving this (now non existent) feature. It is a fantastic way of finding items you may not have spotted through people you know collect the same things as you. Yeah its a bit cheeky but everyone did it so the likelyhood the same people I was searching, searched my ID also.

I am also really fed up with sniping services. I understand pro snipers logic that if you enter your maximum bid it should make no difference wether you are outbid 5 minutes or 5 seconds before auction close.. but like many people, my "maximum" is very rarely my MAXIMUM haha and I feel pissed that I don't get a chance to up the amount. Over on my local auction website trademe.co.nz I feel they've got things right. You only pay fees when items sell which means you can relist and relist until the item is sold and secondly they have a 2 minute auto extend which means anyone who plces a bid in those last 2 minutes extends the auction by another 2 which gives any previous bidders a chance to re evaluate their bids also. It also means the seller may make mre on items especially if two people really want it and keep bidding right at the end and it will keep extending until no more bids are placed in those final 2 minutes.

Wow, i've really rambled haha and all over buying crap online.. bit sad really :P

Speaking of crap, here are some more purchases from the last few days!







Vintage Pyjama DollDakin Clown Elf Doll


I was going to write a post abut my dollie makeover but I think I may leave that until next time. I've got a splitting headache and its already 1.38am so I think bed time may just be the answer...

No comments: