Sunday, 30 March 2008

Creation and Inspiration

I don't know what the heck happened to my photos in the last post.. They were fine last time I checked but half of them seem to have dissapeared into thin air. I am going to be trying a new style of blogging I think, just for fun.. I FINALLY got a imaging program on to this laptop so I can start creating again. I am however still waiting for my (err... all legal of course) copy of Adobe Creative Suite (which should be in the mail soon from my friend Rich in Canada). I've been without for so long, its been torturous not being able to do simple editing procedures (like smudge and dodge) one takes for granted when you have all the neccesary programs at your fingertips.

I want to start creating things again maybe to sell (at my new etsy shop? or craftwerk?) I had an idea of using some of my kitschy photos and getting them professionally printed (just 4x6) and mounting them as greeting cards.. that could be really cute, or even tiny printed gift cards. I have used tickle.co.nz in the past to print my phtos but every time they manage to mess up my size specifications, maybe i'll give them another chance as they're cheap, or I could just go to the mall and do it on one of those machines. Does flickr have any (international) print options yet? I haven't checked in awhile.. Last time I got myself some moo cards which are very cute, might get some more of those too.

Thinking out loud, thinking out loud.

Okay so next post will have photos and pretty things in a new format :D

7 comments:

city said...

hooray for you having photoshop again! I couldn't imagine not having it on my mac. I can't wait to see your Etsy store open. I think people won't worry about the shipping costs, if they really want something, they'll pay the extra to get it from NZ.

Folksie Linda said...

Thank you Natalie for letting me join your flickr link... your collection is wonderful.. i like alot of what you like and that inspires me greatly in my creating! It is so nice to meet you.. i would love to add your blog link to my fav list.. if you would like to add me too..that would be wonderful!! Hugs, Linda

Sugar Lemon Sweetheart said...

City : Thanks for the encouragement! Heres hoping it happens soon.

Linda : Thankyou so much for your lovely comment. Your felted animals are just the SWEETEST. I have added your blog to my list :) x

Folksie Linda said...

Thank you for your sweet comments.. your daughter is beautiful .. i saw her on your flickr pics.. she is a darling.. it is so nice to meet you.. we have alot in common in our likes.. i will be adding you to my blog list.. and I am glad i met you today! Hugs, Linda

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Natalie, oh you have to try needle felting .. it is so much fun and if you ever need to ask questions, feel free to ask away!
It is very addicting i might add but I am sure you will get the hang of it.. it really looks harder than it is! It is very time consuming though. Hugs, Linda

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Natalie, would love to see your cards you make, oh you must have an etsy shop... i am sure your creations would be so sweet! I love etsy and shop there all the time! I added you to my fav blog list... just wanted to let you know i enjoyed seeing your pictures and all and was so nice to meet you! Hugs, Linda

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Natalie, oh you must use Moo and make cards for your shop of your dolls in little scenes.. i am sure they will sell like hot cakes! Just an idea! Hugs, Linda