Tuesday, 9 November 2010
Tuesday, 23 December 2008
Sunday, 21 December 2008
Friday, 5 December 2008
So i've been working on some little trinket boxes which have been so fun to make. I have so many ideas I want to explore but i've run out of decoupage boxes so need to make a trip to Spotlight I think! Here are the couple i've made so far. The little one I sold at the last kraftbomb but the bigger one will be available at the next one on the 21st.
I know some people are a little confused when they visit my blog (after taking one of my cards at kraftbomb) and find nothing for sale... I just hate the process of selling things online I guess. I like people to see the stuff, hold it, check it out and then purchase. Also i've never been terribly succesful at getting many sales, probably because im lazy and don't really promote myself. Speaking of which, months ago I uploaded a couple of bags to felt.co.nz. They sat on there unsold and I completely forgot I even still had them listed until last night I got an email telling me i'd made a sale, yay! Sold my little eiffel tower charm pouch, good thing I hadn't already sold it!
Friday, 21 November 2008
*Yes answers are in bold.
1. Started your own blog – I had a livejournal for years and now I have this blog.
2. Slept under the stars – one of the few times I went camping
3. Played in a band and in orchestras and string quartets
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - yes but not as much as I wish I could.
7. Been to
8. Climbed a mountain –
9. Held a praying mantis – they fly into our bathroom all the time
10. Sang a solo – karaoke and err once at open mic night when I was REALLY drunk, very embarrassing.
11. Bungee jumped
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – lots but sewing and photography mainly
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight – who hasn’t?
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – again, who hasn’t?
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a
28. Ridden in a gondola in
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – I am a night owl so many sunsets
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - the
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (not fluently but I’ve dabbled in Japanese)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (family wise yes, personally no.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – again a school camp activity
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke – Many many times
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight –
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain – can’t remember a specific time but im sure I have..
53. Played in the mud – as a child
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – in
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the
57. Started a business – does SLS count?
58. Taken a martial arts class – no but my dads a black belt in karate so I’ve seen my fair share.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching – no but I’ve seen dolphins
63. Got flowers for no reason – yes (when I was a teenager) by a creepy old guy who stalked me from the internet hahaha he just left this giant boquet at my door and I never heard from him ever again…. So weird.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – Donated no but lost yeah to the hospital floor giving birth to lily... I lost over a litre which is enough to be considered a hemorrhage.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – a lot of them, I am a toy nut.
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in
74. Toured the
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the
80. Published a book
81. Visited the
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - another school related thing
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox – when I was 10
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous – internationally famous yeah once or twice I have met musicians at signings but if this also includes local “celebrities” too many to remember.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one – my grandfather a few months ago and my cousin (to suicide) a few years ago.
94. Had a baby - YES and it HURT haha
95. Seen the
96. Swam in the
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone – uh yes quite a few
99. Been stung by a bee – twice as a kid, never as an adult, I’m too wary now.
100. Read an entire book in one day - yes often.
Friday, 31 October 2008
As promised I scanned a few images from the books I got off yesasia. I tried to take them so they could be printed out but they came out a little dark, but hopefully still usable.
Kiichi Tsutaya (1914-2005)
website : http://www.nurie.jp
Rune Naitou (1932 - 2007)
website : http://www.naitou-rune.jp
Makoto Takahashi (1934 -)
website : http://macotogarou.com/
Junichi Nakahara (1913-1983)
website : http://www.junichi-nakahara.com