Saturday, 27 September 2008

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Yes I actually do make things...
not that you would know as I seem to have managed not to blog about it, well, EVER. That was a mouthful. I used to run things under the name "Oh Deery Me"selling things from myspace and through the now closed down "Lady Eves" (in st kevs arcade) but I had a pretty long break and wanted to come back with something fresh including a new name so Sugar Lemon Sweetheart was born. At the moment im just making stuff to sell each month at kraftbomb (see info below).
So all that said, here are some of my bits and pieces!

Cupcake Pouch (which will be for sale at kb) This was really time consuming sewing on all the sprinkles by hand.
Cup Cake Pouch

Vintage Celluloid Charm Cameo Brooches. Sold out of these!
Brooches

This was my first (and err last) real embroidery attempt. As you can see its the promo cover for one of my favourite movies Cry Baby... Sadly it is still sitting in the hoop, I just cannot decide what I want to do with it. I thought maybe a pillow or maybe a patch for a bag or shirt? Indecisive.
Cry Baby Embroidery

Here is one of many bags i've sewn up using ridiculously expensive Japanese fabric. How can anyone not love Alice in Wonderland kawaii styles!?
Alice Tote

If you haven't noticed by now I like to dabble in all mediums... this is a dress I whiped up for my daughter Lily. I can't remember but I think this is an Alexander Henry print (could be wrong)
Jungle Dress Close Up

Cards I made for kraftbomb using my dolly photography... I did not sell even ONE. Boo... I know they are kind of only appealing to crazy vintage japan nuts like me though so it's kind of understandable really. I think these would do better on etsy where I know other pose dolly nuts would appreciate them :D
Dolly Cards

I made a few of these matryoshka pillow dolls last year but then everyone started doing russian dolls and I stopped making them. This one sold at Lady Eves from memory.
matryoshkadoll

Necklaces for this weekend. I really love these and kind of want to keep all of them! (well not really... buy one!)
Necklaces Up Close.



So after all that show and tell I want to speak of the fantastic new craft event thats happening monthly here in Aucks (well Grey Lynn to be precise) called Kraftbomb! The amazingly talented City and her equally talented friend Karla have done such a fab job organising it, I can't wait until the next one on Sunday. Last month went really well and I made a few hundy which is always nice.. probably didn't cover my costs ha ha but who does? I figured at the prices im charging it works out to be about $6 an hour NOT including the material cost.. BUT I love tinkering around and making stuff so its a labour of love more than anything. I think one of the coolest things is having someone love something you've created so much they just have to buy it. Hopefully that happens a lot this weekend, we shall see. I have kind of got a bit of a theme going this month.. "sickeningly sweet", think cupcakes, sprinkles, pink pink pink, cuteness overload etc. If you know my stuff you're probably thinking "err isn't that ALWAYS the theme?" maybe kinda sorta... ;)

Anywho, check out the kraftbomb blog here and the flyer here:


I am pretty sure that is all I wanted to write... I know im such a slack blogger but I might take my camera along this time and take some snaps to put up. I wish I had a second camera for this kind of thing, something small and lightweight. My sony828 is a dream but its soooo clunky and annoying to take out, I really wish I hadn't sold my tiny slimline cybershot :/ although my 828 takes way better photos so its a catch22.

Hopefully some of you are still actually visiting my blog... it's been so long between posts I wouldn't blame anyone if not. I see blogger has a cool new "follow" feature, ABOUT TIME! That was always the one thing I hated about it. I used livejournal for years and it was so convenient to have all my "friends" saved to a list, I am too useless to go and visit individual blogs every day.
Please add me to your list and i'll be sure to add you back :)

I've been burning the midnight oil too often this week and I can feel my contacts sticking which is a sure sign I should head to bed...
xxoo



2 comments:

Niella said...

Hi i i i Natalie:):)

Love your stuff!! Was nice seeing your treasures at KB!! So happy that I got some too.

Love Japanese things too...so addicted to Jap fabrics, sweets, dolls, stickers and their bento boxes!! Cute.

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

hello! me again- did you make typewriter necklaces once upon a time? I'm sure I bought mine through Oh Deery Me on myspace! :)