Tuesday, 27 May 2008

moan and groan.

Man I HATE ebay sniping. HATE.
It's destroyed the fun in ebay for me that's for sure.
:( I don't mean to offend anyone who does this, I just can't stand the method itself (not the people).
I can sit there watching the auction close and because my internet is not as fast as the US I have no chance of revising my bid in time. I had 6 seconds to go, I pressed 1 click bid and it told me the auction had already closed?! there must be some sort of weird delay because there was no way it took 6 seconds to load. *sigh* hahaha and I REFUSE to use a sniping service. Maybe I should accept that it is the only way to win these days.

3 comments:

superminx said...

I snipe... sorry.... sometimes I'm not up when the auction's finishing, sometimes I'm at work, or I just don't want to be in front of the computer all the time. I don't like bidding early because people end up pushing you up. Sadly with ebay, unlike normal auctions, the auction ends when the time's up, not when the last person has made a bid. On sold.com.au they used to extend the auction if a bid was made in the last 10 minutes. That gave everyone a much fairer chance to decide what they wanted to pay. Sniping doesn't guarantee you a win, but it does ensure you don't have to constantly revise your maximum bid. I'm happy to be able to set my maximum in a less heated moment than the end of an auction... I've been outsniped too... just losing is crappy, but at least I don't get sucked into spending much more for a doll than I initially thought it was worth to me. You should try it!

Goodbye Eden's Eve said...

I have heard eventually ebay itself will incorporate the so called sniping method, each person enters their max and highest wins. No more knowing until the end.
Sorry it ruins your fun :(
I wish it was easy to find pose dolls at the stores ... appears to me that I live in the wrong state!!

Folksie Linda said...

I hate it too but you have to do it sometimes..there is no choice on there if you really want something.. i know it totally sucks.. sorry for my language but it just does.. i don't like doing it either! I would rather just buy something outright!