Sunday, 27 April 2008

New Finds

I was lucky enough to win a couple of really nice Ebay items this week. I doIn't really have anything of interest to blog about so thought i'd share. I haven't received these yet, photos are direct fom the auctions. (I am still waiting for my box of amazing dolls that I blogged about, the suspense is killing me..)


Anywho, the first is this beautiful Big Eyed girlie. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her and so did someone else ;) Well I kinda got a bit carried away with my bidding (trying to get over their autobid) and spent WAY over my doll limit (which is normally around $35ea, + the $20 I normally pay in shipping) and ended up spending ovr $100NZ (around $80US) on her... OOPS lol she is amazing though! I might have to think about parting with some of my less lovely dolls to pay for this damn addiction! I could always sell some of my vintage dresses that NEVER wear haha
Isn't her outfit fabulous??? I wish I could get away with high waisted skirts.. but alas I am way too short and end up looking really weird.

Next are these vintage japanese dolly heads. I actually lost this auction but the seller had more so offered me a second chance (yay!). I have no clue what i'm going to do with these yet, maybe find some really cool silk flowers and stick them all in a vase. I do want to at some point attempt to make a doll body for one of my floating heads lol as I now have quite a few. I guess I could always buy a cheap bradley and rip off the head and use the body haha sounds quite gruesome.


Southern Belle Makeover

I recently bought a couple of ugly bradley dolls to remake into mod girls. I do wish they had bendy legs but I guess you can't have everything right? ;) To the left is the before (obviously) as you can see she is quite repulsive in this state. Her dress was torn at the bottom and her lipstick had completely faded.. not to mention that hat! Eeeeck. and on your right is the new and improved model!



Her new outfit is made from Sis Boom fabrics (which I just love). I repainted her lips and eyeshadow and also her shoes which were originally an off white. I added the little umbrella which I stole from one of my Italian Raincoat dollies. All in all, MUCH better.

Finally here is a picture or well two of my gorgeous baby girl... just because!





7 comments:

superminx said...

The makeover is fabulous... it's fun to do isn't it! I love those little heads. How big are they? Perhaps you could make pipe cleaner people which is what I did with some heads I bought on Etsy... Babies for pose dolls :-)

Speaking of babies, your little girl has gorgeous eyes! Precious.

Folksie Linda said...

The doll you won..yeah...and she is marvelous! if you ever want to sell small doubles that you have.. i would be greatly interested as i like the smaller one myself. your daughter is such a gem... you are so lucky to have a beautiful little girl like that! You also did an amazing transformation on the other doll.. she looks totally different and really came out well. What a creative girl you are!
well chat soon ... e-mail me anytime you have the time. Hugs, Linda

Gretchen Moss said...

I like those dolly heads!! Do you think the seller has more? :)

boopsiedaisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boopsiedaisy said...

Natalie, I have to reiterate... that Bradley's transformaion is PHENOMENAL! You truly brought her washed out faded boring self TO LIFE! I only wish I could whip a few of my not-so-appealing Bradleys into shape the way you did! Also props on one hell of an ebay score. She may even be more fetching than Gretchen's incredible new star doll! Definately turning ten shades of green over such a glorious find! And those heads... aaahhh, you must be in Head Heaven! ♥ As usual though, Lily is the scene stealer here! I sure do love your blog, Hun! (Be back!)

Gretchen Moss said...

I'm still drooling over the cool dolly with that awesome outfit you know!!! I'm hoping one like it will appear on YJ! Sometimes I see them but you have to pay over $100 to buy also. Some day....
I am however, very happy you won her!! :)

boopsiedaisy said...

I hope your box of amazing arrives soon, I can't WAIT for a new post! :) xox!