Monday, 21 April 2008

I am a terribly lazy blogger. Today my baby girl fell off a chair face first and chipped her cute lttle front baby tooth. I am SO so sad about it.. I guess at least it wasn't an adult tooth but still, :( Its not really really bad but bad enough that it's noticeable. I wonder if they could cap it, I don't know if they would bother though seeing as it's just going to fall out anyway.

Anyway, on to a more cheery topic.. The lovely City put me on to a neat website that creates custom lasercut jewellery (and anything else you can think of!) based on your own designs. The prices are pretty good too so i'm definitely going to look into creating some stuff.
Speaking of creating, I ordered myself 20 postcards and some sticker packs with my doll art/photography so they'll be available soon too.

I decided to get back into my sewing also and just tonight finished off a bag from my own pattern (basic flat bottemed tote). I can't follow commercial patterns to save myself so have to work it out from scratch. It turned out to be a lot easier than I thought but still quite time consuming as I had to satin stitch all the inside seams (I need an overlocker!) I have added a picture of the finished product. I can't decide wether I should keep this one or sell it off.. I also have no clue how to price it. The Alice fabric was $16US (so around $20 for me NZ) per yard and I used
just over half that plus other costs and labour (roughly 3-4 hours from cut to finish). Then I gotta factor overseas shippng which would be around $10 (which is much higher than if someone was to buy domestic usa so thats a bit of an issue as well. Damn being stuck on an island in the
middle of nowhere ;) I might actually skip etsy and try my luck on felt.co.nz or even trademe.co.nz that way its local and people expect to pay more ha sad but true.

I listed some of my brooches on etsy but last week but I haven't sold anything yet. I think the market is just too flooded with similar stuff. Oh well.

It is so cool to know that a couple of people are actually reading this and i'm not blabbing on to myself ;)

My massive (well 8 dolly) package hasn't arrived yet but I will post pictures as soon as it does. The amazing Annette (www.japanesesweetshop.com) sold me another amazing boxed sarco mop-pet doll w/dog (as well as 2 sweet mop-pet fairytale dolls) so my collection is definitely growing. At present (doll w/ dog wise) I have 6 mint, 1 kind of ratty (lol), 1 missing a base, and 3 more minty girls and a mystery fluffy haired girl on the way. Mystery because I spotted her amongst a bulk lot and asked the seller if she'd sell just her to me which she agreed to, $15 including shipping.. only problem is I have NO idea what condition she's in as the picture was small and blurry. I am hoping shes in good condition!! The ratty one i'm a bit annoyed about as the condition is much worse than the seller indicated.. actually the mail I received that day was awful. I received 3 dolls and all of them were dirty and worse than theirauctions indicated..sigh I guess you win some you lose some. I've posted pictures on flickr anyway so you can see for yourselves what I mean.

Okay i'm off to bed, ts 3am, oops.

I shall leave you with a photo of the sarco dollie (thanks annette!)


1 comment:

boopsiedaisy said...

I swear I'm not just saying this out of obligation Nat, but I am most certainly going to be buying from you a lot throughout the years! I find your shop & it's contents ten times more appealing than most of what's on etsy. I'm in such anticipation of what else is to come there & it sounds as though you've really looked into some neat possiblities & products! Also I want to take this time to properly convey my sympathy in regards to Lily's chip & your sadness about it as her Mama. Hoping that it can be capped without too much cost or discomfort or that should you decide to just let it be that it simply adds to her character & sweetness. At least she is 9 zillion billion degrees of naturally gorgeous anyhow & can 'sport' a thing lke that without most people even noticing since they'll be so distracted by her nearly BLINDING BEAUTY! Darn accidents! :( Who knows why these things happen. Thank goodness that is ALL that happened & her teeth didn't go through her lip or something. Anyhow, love your blog a bunch as stated previously. Better get used to hearing that cause I'm positive I won't be able to stop by here without saying so every time! xoxo!